POLICY, INNOVATION & ADVOCACY
You won’t want to miss the first-ever virtual ANA Policy, Innovation, and Advocacy (PI+A) Forum on September 14, 2021. Policy, innovation, and advocacy are imperative to addressing our rapidly changing health care environment. Join us for a day of rich discussions around the health priorities of the new administration and the impact of COVID-19 across care delivery systems nationally. Community, state, and national leaders will help us to forecast the practice and policy trends impacting health and healthcare moving forward.
VIRTUAL FORUM HIGHLIGHTS
Engage with nursing and healthcare leaders, representatives from national organizations, and industry experts to:
- Discover how advances in public policy and delivery system innovation are impacting the nursing profession.
- Explore the interplay between health delivery and policy innovations.
- Better understand how nurses can amplify their voice through advocacy.
- Examine the expanded use of virtual care to enhance access to services, reduce disparities and improve safety.
- Learn successful strategies to utilize design thinking in your workplace.
- Discuss the impact of COVID-19 across the health care policy landscape, for the nursing profession, and on future growth.
- Take part in breakout sessions covering: delivery system reform for complex care, virtual care transformations, design thinking, and nursing advocacy.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Are you interested in the future of healthcare?
- Are you leading policy work professionally?
Are you a nursing student or nursing program looking for current and robust innovation and policy opportunities?
- Are you working to grow your personal health advocacy voice?
- Are you interested in learning how nurses are driving health and policy conversations across the country?
- Are you interested in developing your innovation work?
If yes, the ANA Policy, Innovation, and Advocacy Forum is where you want to be!
This event is designed for nursing professionals who want to learn more about the role of nurses as advocates, health policy drivers, and care model designers.
MSN, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN
Director of Commissioned Corps Headquarters
U.S. Public Health Service
Mary Wakefield, PhD, RN, FAAN
University of Texas, Austin
DON’T MISS THE NURSEPITCH™ SHOWCASE!
Hear from nurse leaders who are addressing critical national needs across healthcare. Learn how these nurses are innovating to unite healthcare systems, academia, communities, and the broader health and policy implications of their work. NursePitch™ is a partnership between ANA and HIMSS to showcase nurse-led innovation.
ANA Is Celebrating Nurses All Year Long!
In this Year of the Nurse, the American Nurses Association thanks nurses for rising above the call of duty to serve patients, families, and their communities during the pandemic.
Join us in celebrating the nursing profession, and our fellow nurses who inspire us on a daily basis. #YOTN2021 #YearOfTheNurse